Kampor has retained the image of an old fishing village probably more than any other settlement on the island. Kampor’s long and fine sand beach (“Veli mel” or Big Mel), proximity to Kalifront forest, old and new houses with their gardens, as well as good food with fresh fish and vegetables, attract many guests. Kampor Bay provides ideal conditions for swimming and water sports, especially for families with children. The hamlets of the village of Kampor extend in a dispersed row in the western part of the island, between the cove of Eufemija and the cove of Kampor, mostly on the gentle slopes of mount Vrsi and along the seaside. The remnants of an old settlement with the fragments of a mosaic can be seen on the Kastelina promontory in the cove of Miral. This was probably a Greek acropolis. Tombs with copper, bronze and silver coins were also found in this area. Some pieces are exhibited in the Zadar Museum.
The monastery of St Euphemia is situated at the end of the cove of Eufemija, on a small elevation by the seaside. It encompasses two churches with the monastery premises, the older church of St Euphemia, and the church of St Bernardine. The church of St Euphemia was mentioned in the 13th Century. A small museum is set in one of the monastery premises, presenting an important collection of cultural and historical artefacts, including choral music and incunabula, a collection of medals and old coins, sacred objects and archaeological finds. In the valley near the village of Kampor, there are remnants of the notorious concentration camp erected by the Italian occupational authorities during WWII. The camp was liberated in September 1943.